According to Bank of America, artificial intelligence (AI) is the next great technological revolution! Whether it’s how we move, communicate, or even eat (from ordering to paying), the omnipresence of AI is penetrating nearly every aspect of our society. That is why, how we work is no exception!
Artificial intelligence promises to revolutionize the way we work, integrating ever more automation, advanced analysis, process optimization, and much more! It promises to transform the way we work, offering us previously unknown abilities. Whether you’re gung-ho on embracing these new technologies or still feel a little tepid, it’s essential to stay informed and prepared for this technological transformation.
In this article, we’ll dive into this theme to discover how artificial intelligence is already changing the way we work. 🤔
Our tasks will be increasingly automated
One study by Goldman Sachs revealed that AI tools like Bard and ChatGPT– could automate up to 25% of the entire labor market. This means that many of our everyday tasks can be automated to make us more efficient. These include all those repetitive, tedious tasks such as:
- email classification,
- document management,
- sorting files or folders,
- data analysis.
By freeing employees from these tasks, you enable them to devote more time and resources to higher value-added activities. For example, you can automate content writing thanks to generative artificial intelligence like ChatGPT. That’s time saved for your organization’s editorial process! Similarly, on Talkspirit, our chatbot acts as an FAQ, instantly answering employees’ frequently asked questions, again saving you considerable time.
To be sure, we need to note that automation won’t mean AI can simply replace our jobs entirely. Goldman Sachs economists estimate that AI will only replace humans in 46% of administrative tasks, 44% of legal jobs and 37% of architectural and engineering professions. In short, don’t panic: although artificial intelligence is turning the world of work upside down, not all professions are directly threatened.
Another study by researchers at the Center for European Economic Research (ZEW) showed that only 9% of jobs in 21 countries could be automated. This is because certain activities require specific human skills and cannot be performed by machines alone. For example:
- strategic decision-making requires judgment, analysis, and intuition
- human relationships require the ability to empathize and understand the emotions of others
- unforeseen events are difficult to automate due to their unpredictable nature
New roles will evolve
Just as preceding industrial and communication revolutions paved the way for new professions, artificial intelligence will transform our professional landscape, creating professions that were heretofore completely unimaginable!
In its new report, “The economic potential of generative AI” McKinsey reports that around 75% of the added value of artificial intelligence is concentrated in four key areas:
- customer operations
- sales and marketing
- software engineering
- research and development
For example, we may see the appearance of trades in these areas:
- Data architects who are responsible for designing and managing complex data management systems. Data architects will use algorithms and AI tools to extract valuable information.
- Machine learning experts skilled in the development and application of machine learning algorithms. These experts will solve complex problems.
- Specialists in AI ethics will play a key role in ensuring that the benefits of this technology are fully exploited—all the while preserving human values.
- Predictive data analysts will mine existing data to identify trends and patterns—then use AI algorithms to make predictions and recommendations. An essential job in fields such as marketing, finance, and logistics, where the ability to anticipate future events is crucial.
It’s essential to prepare for these changes by developing the necessary digital skills and anticipating such new professional opportunities as they appear. At the same time, we need to ensure compliance and efficiency in a new format that is about to take hold: human-machine collaboration.
We’ll be able to develop our skills more easily
By combining the capabilities of artificial intelligence with appropriate pedagogical approaches, it’s now possible to upgrade employees’ skills in ever more effective and personalized ways. This paves the way to new opportunities for learning and professional development. A few examples:
- Personalized training. Thanks to AI, it will be possible to offer personalized training programs tailored to the specific needs of each individual. By analyzing current skills and gaps, AI can recommend targeted training modules to close skills gaps.
- Access to information. Artificial intelligence can facilitate access to a vast amount of information and knowledge. Thanks to advances in semantic search and natural language processing, AI will be able to sort, organize, and deliver relevant, up-to-date information, enabling employees to deepen their knowledge in their respective fields of expertise.
- Simulations and virtual reality. Artificial intelligence can be used to create simulations and VR environments that offer truly immersive learning experiences. This enables employees to practice in realistic situations and develop their practical skills in a safe and controlled environment.
- Skills assessment. AI can be used to objectively assess your employees’ skills. By analyzing their performance and evaluations, learning algorithms can pinpoint individual strengths and weaknesses, enabling continuous improvement.
Productivity will attain new peaks
Artificial intelligence will also streamline workflows, thereby improving team productivity. With AI as your ally, you’ll be able to get more done in less time!
Have you ever experienced language barriers? Thanks to artificial intelligence, this will become a thing of the past! Today’s AI-powered machine translation technologies enable seamless communication between multilingual teams, making international collaboration as easy as it is accessible.
Productivity is all about being fast and efficient. To achieve this, what could be better than being able to receive an immediate solution to a problem? This will be possible thanks to chatbots and virtual assistants powered by artificial intelligence. These little virtual geniuses will be there to respond to your most common needs. Whether you need technical help or basic information, there’s no need to waste time looking for answers. They’ll simply dish them out on a platter.
That’s not all! Artificial intelligence is also revolutionizing document management. AI can automatically organize and classify your files. You’ll never again have to search and scroll through endless lists of files and folders to find what you need. Boosting your productivity is just a click away!
The user will be at the heart of digital projects
With AI at your side, your user experience becomes unparalleled! In the near future, user experience will become even more important in digital projects. Thanks to AI, our entire UX is about to experience a revolution. We’re here to tell you all about what you can expect!
- your skills
- your team
- your objectives and key results (OKRs)
- your responsibilities
- your missions and the time you devote to each of them
By analyzing your behaviors and preferences, it can suggest relevant content, potential collaborators, and features tailored to fit your needs.
Would you like to create your own personalized workspace to streamline your internal communications, improve collaborative working, or bring transparency to your organization? Here are our two solutions:
- Talkspirit: the comprehensive, collaborative platform that facilitates communication and project management.
- Holaspirit: the ultimate self-management tool that aligns teams by improving information transparency, making the entire organization more autonomous and agile.
AI can also help you optimize your work processes! All the while fighting financial crime, for example, the Work Fusion tool uses machine-learning technologies to understand how you work. By analyzing your habits and preferences, it provides you personalized recommendations so you can optimize the software you use and work more smoothly and efficiently. Learning from you more and more over time, Work Fusion delivers a tailored, user-friendly experience!
We’ll improve the security of our data
With its advanced cybersecurity capabilities, AI can help you meet the challenges of protecting sensitive data and preventing threats. Like a detective, it will identify and prevent potential threats by analyzing patterns of suspicious activity within your organization.
Artificial intelligence can be used to:
- Find vulnerabilities and solutions. AI can perform a meticulous analysis of your information system to identify potential vulnerabilities. This is what the French company Vade solution offers, for example. But in addition to this analysis, you can also benefit from recommendations for strengthening overall security. This is the very first line of defense against external attacks!
- Prevent phishing attacks. Phishing is another common threat where malicious individuals attempt to trick users into revealing confidential information. Fortunately, a number of solutions (such as Cofense Triage) can help you analyze incoming emails and messages to detect phishing.
- Analyze activity logs. Such is the role of the Dutch “Elastic” platform, integrating artificial intelligence and machine-learning functionalities to collect, index, and analyze data in order to improve business performance and decision making.
- Training in good safety practices. AI not only protects, but also informs! With Proofpoint security awareness, for example, users can take advantage of customized training programs that teach best practices and security risks, thus contributing to a reinforced security culture within the company.
Keep in mind that you should choose and use any artificial intelligence tools with caution! Some tools, such as Silicon Valley’s Chat GPT can pose risks to data confidentiality. Choose AI tools that comply with strict security standards and GDPR (such as Mistral AI or Talkspirit’s FAQ chatbot), and take appropriate measures to protect your information. For example, avoid sharing confidential data with ChatGPT.
New inequalities are bound to emerge
Artificial intelligence offers vast potential benefits, but the question remains: who really benefits? Unfortunately, for some sectors, fully embracing digital transformation or adopting new technologies still remains a challenge.
Thanks to its free and intuitive nature, the success of AI has made it seem accessible and inclusive—at least on the surface. To make the most of it, however, it’s essential to stress that simply having access to AI doesn’t guarantee its benefits. You also need to know how to use it optimally! This implies being trained in the use of these tools and having the necessary resources to take advantage of them.
Researchers and policy experts at MIT Technology Review highlight the inequalities that could emerge from digital technologies such as artificial intelligence. And this raises a crucial question: that of equity. In particular, they highlight the risk of deepening the gaps between the privileged and the disadvantaged. For AI to truly transform the way we work in a positive way, it is essential that measures are put in place to ensure fair and inclusive use of this technology.
A balanced approach would be to invest in training and education, ensuring that all individuals have access to the skills needed to work with AI. Companies will have to implement their own best user practices and take steps to ensure a fair distribution of AI’s benefits.
A final word:
There’s no denying it: artificial intelligence is already revolutionizing the way we work! From automating repetitive tasks to improving the user experience and boosting security and productivity, AI is opening up exciting new prospects. Nevertheless, it’s important to stay aware of the challenges and ethical questions this revolution raises.
This is the dawn of a new era—when AI is playing a key role within companies. It’s a trend that managers and CIOs will have to keep up with by offering their teams the right tools.
Download our white paper to find out more about the challenges facing CIOs in the age of hybrid working!