These days, everything’s game when it comes to boosting employee productivity. Some companies try to invest in workplace well-being. Others try to dial meetings down a notch or rationalize their application portfolio. Now there’s a new kid on the block that can amp up productivity: artificial intelligence (AI).
Artificial intelligence is a process that enables machines to imitate human intelligence. It can be used to automate certain tasks, making employees accomplish more in less time. Want proof? 80% of AI users have seen an improvement in their work performance!¹
Why can AI lead to productivity gains in the workplace? What are the different possible uses? Above all, which tools should you turn to? That’s exactly what we have to share in this article!
How is artificial intelligence a lever for productivity?
What better way to boost productivity at work than with artificial intelligence? Here are 5 good reasons to make AI part of your daily routine:
- Save time by automating repetitive and complex tasks. According to McKinsey, generative AI could automate the tasks on which we spend 60-70% of our work time!
- Access information more easily than ever. Need to extract data? Summarize a long document? Analyze a collection of content? Artificial intelligence can do that for you in seconds!
- Reduce the human errors that can occur when entering, sampling, analyzing, or interpreting data.
- Make better decisions based on real-time data updates.
- Rely on AI to brainstorm with you and help you boost your creativity. It’s like brainstorming with your whole team—only more effective!
All these benefits add up to improved productivity for your staff, enabling you to multiply your return on investment. What’s more, 62% of IT decision-makers report that the adoption of intelligent automation methods has enabled them to increase their staff’s well-being at work.
Unsurprisingly, 47% of IT managers reported in a CNBC study that AI is now their biggest budget item.
How can you benefit from AI to boost productivity?
Let’s take a look at some examples of how AI can be used to improve productivity across all your various teams.
For your support and IT teams, managing tickets consumes a lot of time. By relying on artificial intelligence, you can automate the sorting and response to tickets on topics your customers and staff frequently raise. This automation enables your teams to concentrate on solving complex problems and thus respond more quickly to everyone’s requests.
Analyze satisfaction surveys
How about if you were to use AI to analyze results from your satisfaction surveys? These surveys can be very useful for gathering feedback from your customers and employees alike. Thanks to AI, you no longer need to spend hours going through everyone’s responses. All you have to do is ask your favorite AI tool for a summary, and shazam, you’ve got a ready-made analysis!
Manage email more efficiently
According to a McKinsey study, employees spend around 28% of their working time reading and answering emails! The good news is that it’s possible to drastically reduce this time. With AI, you can automate email sorting and even the replies.
For greater efficiency, we also advise you to use email just for your external exchanges, and to use an enterprise social network for the internal side. This will make processing your emails easier.
When you’re involved in recruitment, you often find yourself carrying out time-consuming, repetitive tasks. Between searching for and selecting candidates, sending out replies, and scheduling interviews, you can quickly get overwhelmed!
Thanks to AI, some of these actions can now be automated, allowing you to focus on what matters: finding the optimal hire for each position. If human resources is your field, know that you, too, can use AI to boost productivity!
Whatever your profession, you’re likely to be asked to make presentations, both for internal and external encounters. You need to think about the content you’re going to present, create slides, and then lay everything out—all of which can be very time-consuming!
With AI, you speed up the entire process. In just a few minutes, your slides are automatically generated and laid out. All you need to do is make a few adjustments, and you’re good to go.
What AI tools can you use to boost your performance?
Many digital tools integrate artificial intelligence functions to improve team productivity. However, many are American and thus subject to the Cloud Act. So, be careful not to put any confidential data on them!
Here are a few examples:
- ChatGPT: it’s hard to begin a discussion on artificial intelligence without mentioning this startup. Developed by OpenAI, ChatGPT can write and translate content, analyze, and summarize data, and automate certain tasks when used in conjunction with other tools.
- Midjourney: this platform uses artificial intelligence and a bot on Discord to generate images and illustrations from text. In short, you can create stunning, original visuals without spending too much time on it.
- Neobrain: this is a “talent marketplace”—a tool for detecting, developing, and mobilizing your employees’ talent. Based on AI, it promotes internal mobility and continuously improves employee commitment and performance.
- Hubspot is an all-in-one CRM (customer relationship management) platform that can be used by your marketing, communications, sales, and customer success teams. It automates lead generation, appointment management, customer tickets, data analysis, and much more.
- i-Guard: this EDR (endpoint defense & response) software relies on AI to protect your Windows devices. By analyzing the behavior of existing software, it self-learns and automatically detects internal and external threats.
- Taleez: Applicant tracking software (ATS) that enables human resources to automate their recruitment process, from candidate selection to appointment scheduling.
- Talkspirit: our collaborative platform includes an FAQ chatbot that automates responses to frequently asked questions from your employees. You can also use Talkspirit to create discussion groups, share information, manage projects, or capitalize on your knowledge.
A final word
And there you have it: you have a fuller picture of how to use AI to automate your tasks, and how it can boost productivity at work. The next step? Convince your management to implement AI tools and develop your skills to take full advantage of them.
Want to find out more about Talkspirit’s FAQ chatbot? Or simply get more best practices for applying artificial intelligence in your business? Contact one of our experts!